老外眼里的中式英语PK标准英语(3)

2011年04月06日09:52      食品伙伴网             _COUNT_人评论
中式英语PK标准英语中式英语PK标准英语

但是也有不同意见:

Sometimes people forget that English is used in many other parts of the world too, not only in the USA, where Chuck is from。

Where I live, i.e. Sydney Australia, people call Chinese dumplings "Chinese dumplings"; ravioli would be odd, actually。

Most people say "trousers", not just the Chinese do that。

As for 厕所, you say "the toilet" or "the bathroom"; "restroom" sounds funny and old fashioned。

面条 is precisely "noodles"; pasta refers to Italian food, not Chinese。

"delicious" and "famous" are perfectly ok; although knowing other synonyms would help。

As for "information", it doesn't mean 宣传 at all。

See what I mean? Chinglish is certainly not desirable; but Americanism is not the solution。

The problem with Chuck's article lies in his failure to differentiate errors that are often made by Chinese, e.g. "welcome you to", and "very like", from variations of English. In other words, he equates correct English words as wrong simply because they are not used where he's from。

That's what I call arrogance - thinking one's own dialect is the standard of the world。

It's unhelpful for English learners because it causes much confusion。

It's inexcusable for someone who is teaching English at university but is so lacking in knowledge about English as a global language。

propaganda ③ information

上一页 1 2 3 下一页

相关报道:清明节传统风俗英语介绍 2011-04-02 11:11:23
          过来人支招2011年考研复试英语 2011-04-02 10:01:55
          聚焦考研:2012考研英语复习五大方面 2011-04-02 09:20:59
          2011高考英语分析及答题技巧 2011-04-01 09:55:38
          英语四六级考试冲刺四大招 2011-04-01 08:54:11

网友评论 更多评论

已有 _COUNT_位网友发表评论  
登录名: 密码:

关于 英语 我来说两句

爱问(iAsk.com)